Saturday, May 29, 2010

errand day for seniors

Hi Team,
In addition to doing the welcome bags this spring, I'd like to do an "errand day" for seniors in late June or early July.
I spoke with Grace Kennedy and she will post a flyer for us in the community and gave me the name of senior living center that may allow us to post.
If possible, I'd like Jesse to put some simple art on it if he has time. I need the rest of the team to think what each on you would be willing to do. We can spread this out over two weekends if necessary.
I think we should give ourselves a three hour window more or less to get done whatever needs to get done on any given day.
Some ideas I have that can go on the flyer are:
1. pick up a few items at store
2. pickup items at sry cleaners
2. change light bulbs
3. sweep porches
4. remove trash
5. simple touch-up/spot painting ( we are not trying to act as handymen so we're keeping any "home improvement" type activity very simple).
6. trim hedges
7. water lawn

please comment on this post with what else you'd be willing to do.... and we'll get the flyers out by end of 3rd week in June

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.