I was listening to K-Love this morning and I heard a woman giving tip about something she does. She was talking about how in this day and age no one really knows or talks to their neighbors.
Anyway one of her ideas was to create a care package for new neighbors full of stuff like recommendations for restaurants, shopping, fun things to do in the area, just helpful welcoming information if your new to the area. Sort of what hotels provide for you when you check in but this would be more extensive and more personal. I just thought what a great idea if we could come up with a standard kind of gift basket or something full of helpful information and a note welcoming them to the neighborhood and voorhees. Maybe one of those lists includes other houses of worship not just our own like synagogues etc. so that the message is clear we are trying to serve them, not just market ourselves. We could even throw in a few dollar store items and make a package for under $5. If we see a moving truck we can drop off a package, or we could check local listings in the paper and see what houses have sold? We could also create an abbreviated version that is just a folder of info and give it to the local apartment complexes to hand out to new residents. I'm sure they would embrace the idea.
I was just very excited about this idea and needed to share it. Sorry I can't help out the 10th I'll be in Iowa with Kristin.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.